Tuesday, November 13, 2007

College the money drain.

Three years ago I took an advanced Visual Basic programming course at The University of Toledo and was very surprised at what it cost to take one 4 hour class. Today I read that college costs have risen 48% faster than the consumer price index since 1983. According to Forbes the federal government is at least partly to blame, because of federal tax credits, grants, and deductions and government subsidized loans have soared 151% over the past 10 years after inflation to $94 billion. Forbes reports that success on that front may owe something to their investment on lobbying, where they've outspent the real estate and oil and gas industries over the last 10 years. My wallet tells me that the coat can't keep going up, it has to slow but then again I will pay almost any price for my childern to graduate college.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I all the time emailed this blog post page to all my
friends, because if like to read it after that my links will too.


Here is my web site: Online Forex Trading Platform

Anonymous said...

Post writing is also a fun, if you know then you can write otherwise it is
complicated to write.

my blog post cedar finance